The Rails Men’s team faced their first conference opponent on Monday (12/19), the Ottumwa Bulldogs. The Rails won handily, 121 to 43. Though the score may imply otherwise, this meet was a big one. It was the first step on the road to repeating as conference champions. The team had to win it to start with a 1-0 record against conference opponents and, more importantly, it was the last meet before the Rails face Roosevelt on January 5th.
- The Medley Relay swan a 1:48.68
(Hofmaier, Arais, Mit. Friend, Worth)
- Dusty Kirkman swam a season best 100 Free
- Hunter Hofmaier (59.51), Keaton Trip (1:07.51) and Tom Chidley (1:18.15) all had great times in the
- Mason Starmer swam a new personal best in the 100 Breaststroke, 1:25.72
- Matt Friend split 54.42 in the 400 Free Relay, earning his SUB :55 T-shirt
The men’s team has two weeks off from meets. They’ll be using this time to get ready for the second half of the season.
We’ll keep you posted on details for the big meet.