The double-dual against S.E. Polk and Carroll was exciting, especially the LHS vs. Carroll portion of the meet. Both teams were gunning for the win and it came down to the last 50 in the 400 Freestyle relay! With the win, the Rails team is now 4-0! It’s the Rails best start in over a decade.
Final scores were Lincoln 52, S.E. Polk 42 and Lincoln 49, Carroll 45.
With such an exciting meet, there were several great swims! Some include:
- Curtis Knapp (24.42) and Carter Worth (24.43) taking first and second in the 50 Free
- Mitchell Friend’s personal best 100 Fly with a time of 1:03.11
- Curtis Knapp’s season best 1:03.14 100 Fly.
- Brady Edwards’ 100 Free time of 51 seconds and splitting a 50.89 in the 400 Free Relay
- Matt Friend swimming a season best 500 Free with a time of 5:37
- The Sprint Relay (Knapp, Worth, Arias, Edwards) swimming a 1:35.99
- Luis Arias’s season best 1:06.36 in the 100 Breaststroke
- Michael Nachtigal swimming a season best 1:11.47 100 Breaststroke
- Brady Edwards’ anchoring the 400 Free Relay in a 50.89 and swimming the 200 Free in 1:52.42
The Rails will face Valley on Thursday (12/8) in one of the last meets before the Winter break. With the Tigers being one of the top teams in the state, the Rails will have their work cut out for them. The meet will be a great chance to swim against some top swimmers and get some seed times for the district meet in February.
Over break, the men’s team will have a different practice schedule. Be sure to check out the full details. Also note the practice schedule around the Christmas holiday.
After break, the Rails plan to come back even stronger as they face their rival conference teams. The team is aiming to be back-to-back conference champions for the first time in school history. But it won’t be easy! Roosevelt will be at home trying to avenge last year’s loss to Lincoln. We hope to see all our fans at the upcoming meets! Go Rails!
Click to view the full meet schedule for the Men’s team.
Have a middle school boy? The middle school boys season will be starting after Winter break. The team practices with the Rails Club team, but gets to swim in extra meets. Learn more here.
Need a new fan T-shirt? You can buy one for $13 after practice or before home meets. They are available in Adult S-XXL.