Lincoln hosted the Middle School Girls Metro Conference Meet on Tuesday (11/29), where five schools competed against each other for the chance to earn medals and ribbons. The Rails had an outstanding day, with athletes represented on the Top Six award stand in every event. In fact, the Lincoln girls took 32% of the overall top 10 spots across all events.
In other words – the girls had a very dominating performance, especially considering there are five teams! With such great swims out of the team, we can’t recognize everyone. But a few include:
- The Medley Relay of DuBoise, Edwards, Skartvedt, and Bennett earning a silver medal with a time of 2:18.15
- Ane Skartvedt taking home gold for her first place finish the Individual Medley with a time of 1:14.25
- Anna Steven’s 50 Fly time of 34.59, a second place finish
- Emma Edward swimming the 50 Breaststroke in 40.14 AND the Rails taking four of the Top Six spots in the Breaststroke!!
- The Sprint Relay of Struve, Edwards, Bennett, and Skartvedt taking second place with a time of 2:07.09
You can also check out the full meet results.
This was a very successful season for the Middle School Girls team. All athletes and parents should be proud! We look forward to everyone continuing to swim during the Club season. Congrats Rails!
Note: Remember – if you only signed up for the MS season, but would like to continue with the club team (through February), you must contact Coach Weber before you continue to attend practice.