The High School Women’s team had four meets inside of seven days: Ames (9/13), S.E. Polk & Carroll (9/15) and North (9/20). While the Rails didn’t walk away with victories after each meet, the team performed well. In fact, many members earned new personal and/or season best times.
Some great swims include:
- Alex Bennett’s swam a 6:28.20 500 Free at the S.E. Polk & Carroll double dual.
- Jordan Greenwood’s 200 IM time of 2:44.04 against S.E. Polk & Carroll was a personal best
- Abby Harrison swam the 100 Back in a time of 1:10.05, a new personal best
- The 200 Free Relay of Brittany Purscell, Olivia Simpson, Abigail Contreras and Autum Song went the fast time of the season against North – 1:51.87
- The Medly Relay of Abby Harrison, Brittany Purscell, Autum Song and Olivia Simpson went a 2:00.89 against North
The Rails recent victory against North put their record at 4-3 heading into this weekend. On Saturday, September 24th, the Rails host the Lincoln Invitational. Diving will begin at 8:30 a.m.; swimming starts at 11:30 a.m. The teams attending this year’s invite are: Boone, Indianola, Charles City, Council Bluffs Abraham Lincoln (CBAL), and Waukee.
There should be some great diving and swimming – so wear your gold fan shirts and cheer on the Rails!