The high school girls kicked off the season Tuesday (8/26) with a double dual against Boone and Grinnell. The girls piled into a school bus and made the 60 minute drive to Boone aiming to start out the season right.
The meet was a close one! While the Rails had a convincing lead over Grinnell, they had to make up some ground over Boone. Due to some great swimming and diving, the gap closed as the meet wound down to the 400 Free Relay – winner take all!
The Rails swam great, but ultimately Boone out-touched the Rails by .3 of second! Such a close finish! Still, it was a great meet with times vastly improved over last season at this time and even from time trials.
- Jordan Greenwood swam the 200 Free in 2:08.71
- Ane Skartvedt’s 200 IM time of 2:32.38 and 100 Breaststroke time of 1:17.12
- Jolynn Harris’s dive score of 233.75 (7th in the state!)
- Jordyn Dubois 100 Fly time of 1:08.07 and taking first place
- Valeria Santiago taking second in the 100 Fly with a time of 1:09.30
- Sara Bennett’s 500 Free time of 5:55.83
- 400 Free Relay’s (Bennett, Dubois, Skartvedt, Greenwood)time of 4:00.96. Plus – Greenwood ‘s split of :56 seconds!
Coming soon! Check back.
Lincoln vs. Perry & Algona: On Thurday (8/28), the Rails head to Perry for another double dual meet. This start time is a little later – 6:30PM. We hope to see more fast times from the meet and to see our fans cheering on the team!